I recently stumbled upon the "APPC", or "AppCoins" token on Binance while browsing new coin listings.
Like any half-decent cryptocurrency enthusiast, I was intrigued. "Aha! A new coin!"
I took a deep breath and prepared to take a deep dive into the bowels of the internet to figure out what APPC is all about. And by deep dive I mean I googled "AppCoins" and went to their website.
"Oh, they're trying to make a new app store. Good luck competing with Google Play and the iOS App Store!"
Given Google and Apple's combined gigantic market share of the space, I was inclined to move on to the next lucky contestant on the Wheel O' Coins. But on a whim I kept scrolling.
I thought "Wait, what? 200 million users? Over 4 billion downloads? What am I missing here?"
Apparently AppCoins isn't a token from a new startup - it's the token from Aptoide, the #1 ranked alternative to the Google Play store.
From the developer's side, the token is used as an incentive for users to download their apps. The end user is rewarded with tokens based on a unique system that determines if the user is actually trying out the app. The tokens are also used for in-app purchases. They can also be sent to and from one another.
But enough about the token value proposition. You can research it in depth yourself and buy some on Binance if you're so inclined. Whether or not you buy the coin for speculation purposes is not the purpose of this post.
So...what does this have to do with Coinbase?
Well, let's first take a quick look at the AppCoins roadmap:
By the end of this year over 200 million Aptoide users will have the ability to purchase, earn, and use AppCoins from right within the app.
- Q1 - Open Source Implementation: Release of the first beta version of Aptoide with AppCoins support
- Q2 - Pre Load Tier 1 OEMs: Rollout of AppCoins on Aptoide App Store, as well as on other app stores that joined
- Q3 - App Store Foundation: Production roll-out to all Aptoide clients (and other participant app stores)
To give some perspective, Coinbase has 13.3 million users as of October 26, 2017 according to an article from CNBC.
Aptoide has over 15 times the number of active users compared to Coinbase.
OK, you have my attention. Starting to sound like a shill post though. Get to the beef.
Buying cryptocurrency through Coinbase is expensive. Users are nickle-and-dimed at every opportunity:
Let's say you're not interested in buying Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, or Litecoin.
- Deposit fees: Free (ACH to receive funds in 3-5 days) through 3.99% for debit/credit card fees
- Transaction fees: from $0.99 to $2.99. It's a $2.99 + 1.49% variable fee for purchases over $200.
Instead you want to convert your hard-earned $2,000 US dollars into something else like Ripple. Here's how it plays out:
Your initial deposit: $2,000 Deposit fee: $0 (ACH to receive funds in 3-5 days) through $79.80 for debit/credit card fees
Now you have $1,920.20 - $2,000 in your Coinbase USD wallet
You decide to purchase ETH with the intention of transferring it to an exchange that sells Ripple:
ETH buy order: $1,920.20 - $2,000 Transaction fee: $29.80 for ACH. Fee included in credit/debit deposit (so $79.80).
Total purchase fees from deposit to ETH acquisition: $29.80 to 79.80
EDIT: Adjusted the fee rate schedule to make them accurate. Do these fees still seem reasonable to you, even after the decrease in fees? Search Reddit for complaints about Coinbase fees and see what you find. And if your unconcerned about the deposit transaction price, how about the speed of transaction to fee rate ratio? If we want cryptocurrency to be widely adopted then it should be friction-less.
Come on. Everyone knows that Coinbase is expensive. That's why I deposit my fiat into GDAX to buy crypto. The fees are significantly lower. Quit wasting my time.
Well, that's partially true. Anyone worth their weight in SHA256 hashes knows that GDAX is dramatically cheaper than Coinbase for depositing and purchasing BTC, BCH, LTC, and ETH.
The part that isn't true is that everyone knows that GDAX is cheaper. A more accurate statement is "every cryptocurrency enthusiast/trader knows that GDAX is cheaper". Coinbase does not advertise that GDAX has cheaper fees. There is no GDAX app for a reason - it would heavily cut into Coinbase's bottom line.
Your average crypto newbie buys their first coins through Coinbase because, let's face it, they have an app. Buying crypto on an app is something that your average person can comprehend. Apps are easy to use, trustworthy, and nearly everyone can do it regardless of their age and technical skill level.
Right, apps are easy to use. What a novel thought. You should tour the world giving Ted Talks about how easy apps are to use. Now could you PLEASE get to the point.
OK! I apologize for droning on. I'll cut right to the chase:
Instead of jumping through all the aforementioned hoops with Coinbase, you buy AppCoins from the Aptoide app store and send them directly to your favorite exchange. Then trade the AppCoins for the cryptocurrency of your choice. In theory it should be a faster and more cost-effective way to purchase cryptocurrency.
Hmmmm. OK, I'm starting to understand where you're going with this. But I'm still going to use GDAX. I'd rather buy ETH from GDAX.
Hey, to each their own. I'd rather buy coins in 30 seconds with a couple of taps on my phone and send them right to Binance.
Oh come on. Now you're just shilling. Your whole rant was just a ploy to shill this coin. I'm going to another thread.
Honestly, no. I didn't write this to shill. I guess I'm just tired of Coinbase. And I bet there are others that are less than pleased with their business model and customer service. Remember when they didn't distribute all that Bitcoin Cash?
Ugh, yes. Don't remind me about that.
Sorry! Didn't mean to upset you. I know its a sore subject.
If you read this far then congratulations, you have more patience than your average cryptocurrency trader. May your candles always be green.
Some interesting facts:
Needless to say, I think that Aptoide and AppCoins is a project to be excited about regardless of whether you're a cryptocurrency trader or completely uninvolved with the cryptocurrency space. Cryptocurrency is going mainstream this year!
- The number of Bitcoin users is forecasted to reach 200 million by 2024.
- There are approximately 15 million bitcoin wallets as of September 2017.
- As I mentioned before, AppCoins will be rolled out as a completed project to 200M users by the end of 2018 whether you want to believe it or not (barring a total catastrophe, of course). Aptoide store users may not even know that they're using a cryptocurrency.
- AppCoins may be the first real "mainstream" cryptocurrency (by definition of the high number of users with little to no technical knowledge or grasp of blockchain).
- There will be 200 million users' app transactions on the blockchain. This is a huge step in the right direction for blockchain and cryptocurrency regardless of which coin you support. Rising tides raise all ships.
To avoid confusion since Coinmarketcap has APPC listed incorrectly, here is the current accurate financial information. People are going to ask anyway so I would rather supply the correct information:
Circulating supply= 98M APPC Total supply= 246M APPC Coin Price = $2.53 ICO Price = $0.10 Market Cap (CS x P) = $247,940,000 Days on Exchange (Binance) = 7
Thank you for reading!
|Rate (per day)||2.51||142.01|
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
|Rate (per day)||107.80||1494.28|
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats
By Taylor Margot. Everyone should read this!
SUMOkoin is a fork of MONERO (XMR). XMR is a fork of Bytecoin. In my opinion, XMR is hands down the most undervalued coin in the top 15. Its hurdle is that people do not know how to price in privacy to the price of a coin yet. Once people figure out how to accurately assess the value privacy into the value of a coin, XMR, along with other privacy coins like SUMOkoin, will go parabolic.
Let’s be clear about something. I am not here to argue SUMOkoin is superior to XMR. That’s not what this article is about and frankly is missing the point. I don’t find the SUMOkoin vs. XMR debate interesting. From where I stand, investing in SUMOkoin has nothing to do with SUMOkoin overtaking XMR or who has superior tech. If anything, I think the merits of XMR underline the value of SUMOkoin. What I do find interesting is return on investment (“ROI”).
Imagine SUMO was an upcoming ICO. But you knew ahead of time that they had a proven product-market fit and an awesome, blue chip code base. That’s basically what you have in SUMO. Most good ICOs raise over 20mil (meaning their starting market cap is $20 mil) but after that, it’s a crapshoot. Investing in SUMO is akin to getting ICO prices but with the amount of information associated with more established coins.
Let me make one more thing clear. Investing is all about information. Specifically it’s about the information imbalance between current value and the quality of your information. SUMO is highly imbalanced.
The fact of the matter is that if you are interested in getting the vision and product/market fit of a $6 billion market cap coin for $20 mil, you should keep reading.
If you are interested in arguing about XMR vs. SUMOkoin, I point you to this infographic
I’m a corporate tech & IP lawyer in Silicon Valley. My practice focuses on venture capital (“VC)”) and mergers & acquisitions (“M&A”). Recently I have begun doing more IP strategy. Basically I spend all day every day reviewing cap tables, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements and patent portfolios. I’m also the CEO of a startup (Scry Chat) and have a team of three full-time engineers.
I started using BTC in 2014 in conjunction with Silk Road and TOR. I recently had a minor conniption when I discovered how much BTC I handled in 2014. My 2017 has been good with IOTA at sub $0.30, POWR at $0.12, ENJIN at $0.02, REQ at $0.05, ENIGMA at $0.50, ITC (IoT Chain) and SUMO.
My crypto investing philosophy is based on betting long odds. In the words of Warren Buffet, consolidate to get rich, diversify to stay rich. Or as I like to say, nobody ever got rich diversifying.
That being said I STRONGLY recommend you have an IRA and/or 401(k) in place prior to venturing into crypto. But when it comes to crypto, I’d rather strike out dozens of times to have a chance at hitting a 100x home run. This approach is probably born out of working with VCs in Silicon Valley who do the same only with companies, not coins. I view myself as an aggressive VC in the cryptosphere.
The Number 1 thing I’ve taken away from venture law is that it pays to get in EARLY.
Did you know that the typical founder buys their shares for $0.00001 per share? So if a founder owns 5 million shares, they bought those shares for $50 total. The typical IPO goes out the door at $10-20 per share. My iPhone calculator says ERROR when it tries to divide $10/0.00001 because it runs out of screen real estate.
At the time of this writing, SUMO has a Marketcap of $18 million. That is 3/10,000th or 1/3333th. Let that sink in for a minute. BCH is a fork of BTC and it has the fourth largest market cap of all cryptos. Given it’s market cap, I am positive SUMO is the best value proposition in the Privacy Coin arena at the time of this writing. *
ROI MERITS OF SUMOkoin
So what’s so good about SUMOkoin? Didn’t you say it was just a Monero knock-off?
1) Well, sort of. SUMO is based on CryptoNote and was conceived from a fork of Monero, with a little bit of extra privacy thrown in. It would not be wrong to think SUMO is to Litecoin as XMR is to Bitcoin.
2) Increased Privacy. Which brings us to point 2. SUMO is doing several things to increase privacy (see below). If Monero is the King of Privacy Coins, then SUMO is the Standard Bearer fighting on the front lines. Note: Monero does many of these too (though at the time of fork XMR could not). Don’t forget Monero is also 5.8 billion market cap to SUMO’s 18 million.
a) RingCT. All transactions since genesis are RingCT (ring confidential transactions) and the minimum “mixin” transactions is 13 (12 plus the original transaction). This passes the threshold to statistically resist blockchain attacks. No transactions made on the SUMO blockchain can ever be traced to the actual participants. Nifty huh? Monero (3+1 mixins) is considering a community-wide fork to increase their minimum transactions to 6, 9, or 12. Not a bad market signal if you’re SUMOkoin eh?
b) Sub-addresses. The wallet deploys disposable sub-addresses to conceal your real sumo wallet address even from senders (who typically would need to know your actual address to send currency). Monero also does this.
3) Fungibility aka “Digital Cash” aka Broad Use Case. “Fungibility” gets thrown about a bunch but basically it means ‘how close is this coin to cash in terms of usage?’ SUMO is one of a few cryptos that can boast true fungibility — it acts just like physical cash i.e. other people can never trace where the money came from or how many coins were transferred. MONERO will never be able to boast this because it did not start as fungible.
4) Mining Made Easy Mode. Seeing as SUMO was a fork, and not an ICO, they didn’t have to rewrite the wheel. Instead they focused on product by putting together solid fundamentals like a great wallet and a dedicated mining app. Basically anyone can mine with the most intuitive GUI mining app out there. Google “Sumo Easy Miner” – run and mine.
5) Intuitive and Secure Wallet. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, yet in this day and age, apparently it is not a prereq. They have a GUI wallet plus those unlimited sub-addresses I mentioned above. Here’s the github if you’d like to review: https://github.com/sumoprojects/SumoGUIWallet The wallet really is one of the best I have seen (ENJIN’s will be better). Clear, intuitive, idiot proof (as possible).
6) Decentralization. SUMO is botnet-proof, and therefore botnet mining resistant. When a botnet joins a mining pool, it adjusts the mining difficulty, thereby balancing the difficulty level of mining.
7) Coin Emission Scheme. SUMO’s block reward changes every 6-months as the following “Camel” distribution schema (inspired by real-world mining production like of crude oil, coal, etc. that is often slow at first, then accelerated in before decline and depletion). MONERO lacks this schema and it is significant. Camel ensures that Sumokoin won’t be a short-lived phenomena. Specifically, since Sumo is proof-of-work, not all SUMO can be mined. If it were all mined, miners would no longer be properly incentivized to contribute to the network (unless transaction fees were raised, which is how Bitcoin plans on handling when all 21 million coins have been mined, which will go poorly given that people already complain about fees). A good emission scheme is vital to viability. Compare Camel and Monero’s scheme if you must: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/blob/mastescripts/sumokoin_camel_emission_cal.cpp vs. https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/242/how-was-the-monero-emission-curve-chosen/247.
8) Dev Team // Locked Coins // Future Development Funds. There are lots of things that make this coin a ‘go.’ but perhaps the most overlooked in crypto is that the devs have delivered ahead of schedule. If you’re an engineer or have managed CS projects, you know how difficult hitting projected deadlines can be. These guys update github very frequently and there is a high degree of visibility. The devs have also time-locked their pre-mine in a publicly view-able wallet for years so they aren’t bailing out with a pump and dump. The dev team is based in Japan.
9) Broad Appeal. If marketed properly, SUMO has the ability to appeal to older individuals venturing into crypto due to the fungibility / similarities to cash. This is not different than XMR, and I expect it will be exploited in 2018 by all privacy coins. It could breed familiarity with new money, and new money is the future of crypto.
10) Absent from Major Exchanges. Thank god. ALL of my best investments have happened off Binance, Bittrex, Polo, GDAX, etc. Why? Because by the time a coin hits a major exchange you’re already too late. Your TOI is fucked. You’re no longer a savant. SUMO is on Cryptopia, the best jenky exchange.
11) Marketing. Which brings me to my final point – and it happens to be a weakness. SUMO has not focused on marketing. They’ve instead gathered together tech speaks for itself (or rather doesn’t). So what SUMO needs a community effort to distribute facts about SUMO’s value prop to the masses. A good example i...
247 BTC; Bitcoin Books; Binance Coin (BNB) 100 Percent Surge not an Impossibility. Posted on March 25, 2019 by 247 BTC. 24 7 BTC. Bitcoin News Search. 1 News -24 7 News -24 7 Bitcoin -1 Search. Search for: Binance coin up 6.1 percent in the last day; BNB rallying because of fundamental reasons, next target $26; Volumes spike, participation more than double after Mar 24 close; Driving Binance ... Binance, the world’s largest crypto exchange by adjusted trading volume, is also launching a DEX on its own blockchain network. Binance opened its DEX for public testing last month, allowing users to create wallets and interact with the trading platform’s interface. Last month, the exchange also announced a trading competition with prizes of $100,000 in its native token BNB in a bid to ... Las últimas noticias de Bitcoin, blockchain, altcoins y tokens. Información sobre mercados, ICOs, tendencias, cotizaciones, minería, eventos y regulación. Binance hỗ trợ Launchpad và Launchpool cho dự án DeFi “Alpha Finance Lab” Thị trường Tiền điện tử Tháng Chín 30, 2020 0. Sàn Yokef: ‘Núp bóng’ mô hình đa cấp, ‘cờ bạc’ trá hình tương tự WeFinex. Tài chính Thị trường Tiền điện tử Tháng Chín 30, 2020 0. Tin mới. Giá Bitcoin giảm khi Tổng thống Trump tuyên bố ‘đã ... Get Bitcoins with Binance P2P today! Buy and sell Bitcoin via P2P with the best local bitcoin exchange rates when you make peer-to-peer trades on Binance. Binance coin up 6.1 percent in the last day BNB rallying because of fundamental reasons, next target $26 Volumes spike, participation more than double after Mar 24 close Driving Binance Coin (BNB) prices are fundamental reasons. The coin is up 6.1 percent from last week’s end. After the announcement of Binance Margin trading plans and... The post Binance Coin (BNB) 100 Percent Surge not an ... Bitcoin.com is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within the press release. Aeron, the new standard of aviation safety powered by blockchain, today […] The post PR: Aeron Arn Token to List on Binance.com, the Fastest Growing Exchange appeared first on Bitcoin News. Mosque Shooting Video Here. Skip to content. Menu. 247 BTC ; Bitcoin Books; PR: Aeron Arn Token ... Blockchain News; Binance Introduces a New KYC Framework for the Nigerian Community and Cuts Withdrawal Fee to Only $0.7 . By. CryptoGuru - August 3, 2020. 0. 427. Share on Facebook. Tweet on Twitter. JOIN US ON TELEGRAM. The Binance exchange has introduced a new identification and verification process to enable protect users and prevent fraud in Nigeria. The new Know Your Customer (KYC ... At Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, the daily average spread between buy and sell orders on bitcoin futures for $10 million quote size declined to a record ... The San Francisco-based exchange, Coinbase, holds approximately 8.7 million ETH coins—translating to over $3 billion at market rates as per a visual shared on Sep 29. Binance, Bitstamp Trails Coinbase in ETH Held This is roughly 3X the amount held by Binance—which is one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges with…
[index]          
Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q ----- My Second ... Understanding what bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are, how blockchain works, several use cases of blockchain and also how to buy or sell cryptocurrencies with ... Check latest crypto and bitcoin news in our video from Blockchain Economy Forum Istanbul! Bitcoin price, Binance stopped operations for a day. Bitcoin halving is coming soon! Crypto to the moon. 2 ... Bitcoin Halving 2020 in 15 days, Daedalus 1.0 Released by Cardano ADA, Truffle Teams Up With Tezos ZTX, Binance Chain Adds Ontology ONT pegged Assets, Withdraw on USD Crypto.com, Vechain VET ... MPP Solar Power Inverter/MPPT/Charger "All-in-One" - Complete Review - - Duration: 17:16. DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse 220,842 views This video is a recorded training on Fundamentals and Intro to Blockchain and Bitcoin Binance spare 10% Gebühren: https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=LUKU79QJ Coinbase 10 USD Gratis: https://www.coinbase.com/join/5bcf4942aa464b01cd20f5c0?l... Binance Tutorial deutsch In diesem Video erfährst du wie man auf der Plattform Binance Kryptowährungen handeln kann und gegen Bitcoins kaufen und verkaufen k... Binance is blocking US residence soon. Are you wondering which alternative Bitcoin and Crypto exchanges to use? If so tune in! Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the market ...